Skip to main content

Beautiful Creatures - Mortals v/s Casters

Heyyyooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Today I wanna review about this novel, which I took a week to finish reading it (hoho coz I like to procrastinate), Beautiful Creatures by Garcia & Stohl.

,

So this book was popular in 2013 I think and it was adapted to a movie. But nahh the movie is NG. No Good. Oopss. And the fact that it was the first English novel that I have ever read, it brings back memories and of course, all my thoughts about this novel are actually misconception and I imagined it wrong back then. Haha... so when I read it back, I can now grip the true ideas in this book.

The story was brought up from Ethan Wates's point of view, who is the hero of this novel. He lived in Gatlin, a small country with not many interesting things in it, with his Amma and his dad. Amma was his caretaker and his dad locked up himself in the room since his mother died. Every day was a boring day for Ethan that he impatiently wanted to get out from Gatlin. Until one day, Lena came. The girl whom he had been dreaming all this time. His love before first sight.

Everything that the girl do was strange that the people don't like her. Except for Ethan. He was so interested to know Lena until he found out that the girl was a Caster. A girl who had magic power, that can shatter glasses, bring thunderstorms and pour down the rain. A girl who was waiting for her Sixteenth Moon, to be Claimed Dark or Light. A girl who intercrossed his fate but wasn't mean to be together with him. But Ethan didn't believe in destiny. Despite living in different worlds, he would find a way to be with Lena. So what was the ending for them? Find it yourself! Ahgahagaa

What I love about this book is its sentences and words are so so so so beautiful and dazzling, that when you read it, you will lose yourself in it. The authors described the story with a very very detailed explanation. This book was the right choice if you want to practise writing a descriptive essay you know. Haha... The choices of words were brilliant too that you have to look up in the dictionary. Lol. As the setting was in strange places, It was quite hard to imagine it. It was so magical and illusionary. And the plotline was great too if you like some fictional stories to read.

The character I like the most is Ridley. She was Lena's cousin, her best friend but after she was claimed, she became a Dark Caster. But well even she was dark, I love her style. I know she still had good guts in her heart, but the Light Casters just threw her away after she became dark. Oh, no... poor Ridley. I like Link too cause he was so crazy about his band and he was not overemotional like Ethan.
I don't really like Lena and Ethan coz well.. they seemed too emotional. I don't like it. Over. Eww.

Oh, and I learned some Latin languages too. Sanguinis sanguine Blood of my blood  Dome Lunae Libri The House of The Book of The Moons. Well, that's all I remember. hahahahaha.

Overall, this novel is good. I will give it 3/5, coz the descriptions are sometimes too long that sometimes I felt like, damn! I just want to know what happens next, why it took you so long? Arghhh...

So I think that's all from me. I think I will continue reading the second book in the series, Beautiful Darkness. tomorrow after I finish my MUET test. Hey, wish me luck okay? Hehe

Ahh I forgot to tell you. I just think that the song "Rewrite The Stars" is so suitable to Lena and Ethan's relationship. It suits them very well. If you see the lyrics, that's all their relationship is. Hoho

Alrighty. Byeee. adios

.
.
.

Always a Dark Caster,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Asasi UIA - Benda Basic Untuk Tahu

Note: Saya tulis post ni waktu asasi batch 2018/2019, jadi maybe ada perubahan serba sedikit dengan peredaran zaman. Jadi, kalau jumpak post yang lagi baru, lebih baik rujuk post tersebut or rujuk students yang baru grad dari asasi uia. Harap maklum. Ohayou gozaimasu Ok memandangkan post pasal asasi uia tu mendapat sambutan ramai dan banyak pulak persoalan yang berlegar2 di kepala anda semua, maka terhasil lah post kali ini plak. I'll tell you about benda basic yang anda nak tahu pasal asasi atau org panggil CFS (Centre for Foundation Studies) kat UIA nih. Orait lets go!!!!!!! Akak, asasi uia belajar kat mana eh sekarang? Dekat UIA Gambang. Sekarang semua asasi memang amek kat UIA Gambang sahaja! Titik. Tak amek dah kat uia lain. UIA lain hanya utk degree/master/phd. Sebabnya uia gambang tu baru sahaja siap dibina tahun lepas dan memang dikhaskan utk pelajar asasi uia. Gambang tu kat mana akak? Kat Pahang, sayang. Berapa lama eh belajar asasi ni? 10 bulan as in SETAHUN. A

Kelebihan Asasi UIA (CFS IIUM)

Note: Saya tulis post ni waktu asasi batch 2018/2019, jadi maybe ada perubahan serba sedikit dengan peredaran zaman. Jadi, kalau jumpak post yang lagi baru, lebih baik rujuk post tersebut or rujuk students yang baru grad dari asasi uia. Harap maklum. Haluu... So so..memandangkan sekarang dah bulan april and last post I think I wrote it in February right? It has been so long. And result upu dah nak keluar kan? Ka lambat agy? Papejelah Demi tidak membuang masa, marilah mendengar buah bicara saya pada hari ini. APAKAH KELEBIHANNYA JIKA SAYA MASUK ASASI DI UIA? Wuhuuuuuu ...as a CFS student, let me tell you XD 1. First and foremost, ofkosla bila masuk asasi UIA ni, uoll dah dijamin tempat di UIA jugak waktu degree nanti. So uoll takpayah nak serabut dah nanti nak isi upu balik apa bagai kan. Sebab uia akan terus serap u masuk ke sana. But ofkosla dia ada syaratnya sikit like kena mencapai pointer yang dia tetapkan and pass kelas language waktu asasi ni. And sesetengah kos ni ada j

Arabic Placement Test (APT)

Note: Saya tulis post ni waktu asasi batch 2018/2019, jadi maybe ada perubahan serba sedikit dengan peredaran zaman. Jadi, kalau jumpak post yang lagi baru, lebih baik rujuk post tersebut or rujuk students yang baru grad dari asasi uia. Harap maklum. السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته ما أخبركم جميعا؟ الآن سأشرح لكم عن الاختبار اللغة العربية الذي يجب عليكم ان تجلسوا لها إذا تريد التحاق دراستكم في الجامعة الاسلامية العالمية بماليزيا ......ايوه Wukey2..saye acah2 je cakap arab tak pro lagi haa ') tapi sekadar nak cakap pasal apt ni no hal laa Kuikuii...ayuh!!! Ok..apt ni seperti yang anda tahu adalah ujian yg perlu anda duduki kalau nak masuk uia. Selalunya ia diadakan waktu taaruf week.  Dengar macam senang tapi tak semudah yang anda sangka. Bagi pelajar kos BAR IRK wa LAW SYARIAH, anda mestila mendapatkan band 6 to be exempted. Haaa.. band 6 ni maksudnya markah mestilah 61persen ke atas. But..bagi pelajar lain alhamdulillah..uolls cuma kena lepas band 2 jerr S